Paleo, low-carb, and gluten-free, fresh flavored Wrap and Tortilla Substitute
Herb Egg Wraps are a quick, delicious, and low carb alternative to wraps and tortillas. Mix and match your favorite vegetables, meats, and herbs creating delicious personalized combos. The best part being it only takes a couple of minutes to prepare!
Here I share just some of my favorite Mediterranean-ish flavors: 1) Tuna Salad; 2) Arugula and Prosciutto, and 3) Paleo-friendly Greek Salad.
Feel free to adapt (or even upgrade) them to your own taste!
Ingredients and Instructions
Herb Egg Wrap (per wrap)
1 Egg (preferably organic)
1 teaspoon of dry herbs (I used thyme and oregano)
Spray a small nonstick frying pan with cooking, olive, or coconut oil.
Let it Heat up over medium heat.
Meanwhile, beat your egg and herbs really really well.
When the pan is ready add your egg mixture to the pan and swirl around to coat the whole surface.
Once the bottom seems sturdy enough to flip, do so.
Finally, let the bottom cook really quickly.
Tip: If you would like your egg wraps warmer, first prepare the remaining ingredients and leave this for last!
Arugula and Prosciutto Egg Wrap
1. Lay the arugula salad on the Egg Wrap, add one slice or two of prosciutto on top, and roll up your egg wrap.
Tuna Salad Egg Wrap (~ 2 - 3 wraps)
This light and fresh comfort food classic is made with a few simple ingredients such as canned tuna, onion, and celery. The result? Simply Delicious!
1 5-ounce cans of tuna
1 stalk of celery, diced
1/4 medium red onion, diced
1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley, chives and/or other herbs
salt and pepper, to taste
Lettuce (1-2 leaves per wrap)
1. Drain the liquid from the tuna can.
2. Add the tuna, diced celery, diced red onion, herbs, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and stir together until well combined.
3. Lay 1-2 lettuce leaves on the Egg Wrap, add a portion of the tuna salad, and roll up your egg wrap. Done!
Greek Salad Egg Wrap (~ 3 to 4 wraps)
This Paleo-friendly Greek Salad is quick, flavourful, and so easy to make. All this with only five ingredients – cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, olives,
1/4 medium cucumber, diced
6 cherry tomatoes halved
1/4 green bell pepper, diced
1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olives, halved
Salt and pepper
1. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Add a portion of the greek salad on the Egg Wrap, and roll it up.
Hope you find pleasure and joy in these quick, healthy, (yet absolutely) delicious recipes!