A Whole30, Deep Spring, and Paleo-friendly delicious Casserole.
This casserole is a creamy, flavorful, and full of veggies recipe that combines watercress mushrooms, broccoli, and shredded chicken then topped with Vegan Alfredo Sauce.
This combination of healthy and warm ingredients makes it a delightful healthy weeknight treat.
CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND MUSHROOM (recipe for 3 servings)
2/3 cup of Vegan Alfredo Sauce
2 cups of Shredded Chicken**
1 Broccoli head, florets
1 Cup of Watercress
5-6 portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp olive oil
salt, pepper, and thyme, to taste
1.Make the Vegan Alfredo Sauce and set aside. (This can also be made the day before and stored in the fridge).
2.Preheat the oven to 200º (or 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
3. Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan and heat it over medium heat.
4. Add the sliced mushrooms, and diced onion and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add the chopped broccoli florets and spices and stir for another 3-4 minutes (or until the broccoli is crisp-tender and bright green).
5. Combine the shredded chicken** in the pan with the remaining ingredients.
6. Add the sautéed mix to a casserole dish.
7. In a smaller pan over low heat saute the watercress in the chicken broth and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to wilt.
8. Stir in the Vegan Alfredo sauce and continue to cook for another minute or two, or until everything is combined ever so slightly.
9. Pour on top of the remaining ingredients of the casserole dish. Use a spatula if needed to make sure everything is well coated.
10. Cook the Casserole for 20-25 minutes. The sauce should be bubbling and slightly reduced and thickened.
Done! I hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious meal!!!